26 Oct Intern – Distribution – Los Angeles
Full time | Distribution Team
WHO WE ARE:
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. Label Engine, our distribution and technology arm, powers over 4000 record labels and artists worldwide via digital distribution, accounting, and promotion services. Clients include labels such as Never Say Die, Disciple Records, Kannibalen, Insomniac Records, Global Soundsystem Records, Audiophile Records, and TWONK.
We welcome you to join us in our effort to help artists be in control!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about and have an open mind towards all genres of music
- Driven towards a career in the music and/or entertainment industry
- Well-versed on all social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook) and must be willing to learn how to use new digital platforms
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to organize large amounts of data
- Proficient/familiar with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps
- A student or recent college grad
- Interested in record label operations
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assisting our distribution team with daily operations on Label Engine
- Queuing music releases
- Inputting publishing data
- Playlist management
- Artist features/marketing projects
- Day-to-day office tasks (running staff errands, updating spreadsheets, and other administration work)
You must be willing to treat every experience as an opportunity to grow. In turn, you will gain exposure to collaborating with music distribution platforms, and you will begin to establish your own network of industry connections.
Reimbursement stipend per full month worked, and course credit is available upon request.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea
- Relaxed dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Opportunities to shadow mentors meeting with clients and artists
- On-site parking
Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to wow us with your passion for music and learning! Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.